|With just over three weeks left of the first term, DHS is in no way slowing down! Everybody is extremely busy and involved in various school activities; as they say -time flies when you're having fun!
The first Ingudlane Challenge took place and the terrain was thoroughly enjoyed by all competitors. Well done to Robert Scott who placed 2nd overall, in the 40km MTB race, missing 1st place by less than a minute. David Grace, who completed the 20km MTB race, and Rowan van der Merwe, who came 3rd in the 10km MTB run, also made us very proud! Thank you to Mrs Carter for all her organisation and for continually motivating the learners!
On Saturday, all the Mudman athletes slept over at Mr and Mrs Carter's farm to enjoy and evening of rest and fun before an early departure to the Albert Falls Dam on Sunday morning. Thank you to the Carters for their hospitality and to Kobus and Amanda Müller for sponsoring a delicious and well-enjoyed braai on Saturday evening. Well done to all the learners who participated:
A special thank you to Amanda Müller for sponsoring the Multi-Sport team jackets for our athletes; we really appreciate your contribution! Thank you also to Kobus Müller and Mrs Carter for transporting the learners, tackling goats, taxis and overloaded bakkies to make it safely to the dam. Finally, thank you to Mrs Carter, on behalf of all the athletes, for an exciting and extremely fun weekend; the multi-sport group continues to grow and produce new faces and this is due to your hard work and enthusiasm!
- Individual Full Distance: Mrs Carter, Craig Carter and Rowan van der Merwe.
- Individual Half Distance: Erika Prinsloo, Stephen Ferreira, Terry Lee Honiball, David Jacobs, Justin Dekker and Jaclyn Cox.
- Team Full Distance: Fergus Donaldson, Kobus Müller and Werner van Staden (Team Gongoloz); Anél Raubenheimer, David Grace and Karla Müller (Team Avengers); Tealize Jacobs, Barrie Scott (a parent!) and Makwande Mabaso (Team Pure Blend); Simoné Groenewald and Rebekah Lewis (Team Armadillos) and Russel, Langa Madela and Kurt Estrice. Congratulations to Dream Team who placed first overall - Taylor Martinson, Robert Scott and Tiaan de Waal.
- Team Half Distance: Dewald Wait, Zelvin de Beer and Simone Millar (Team Fitness Freaks); Russel Smith, Johannes Dlamini and Mello Hlongwane (Team Mud Madness); Jessica Shanahan, Coenie Sonnekus and Kevin Jacobs (The Thumb Tacks).
Jonathan Benjamin continues to make DHS proud! He recently came 3rd (in his age group) in an Octathlon, held in Durban. He also participated in a 10km marathon, held in Pietermaritzburg, where he finished in the top 30 in a time of 36 minutes! Your dedication to your athletics is truly an inspiration to us all! Gholf
Sunelle von Molendorff is gekies vir die KZN Junior gholfspan. Baie geluk Sunelle! Ons is bevoorreg om 'n atleet van jou gehalte in ons skool te hê. Afrikaanse Christelike Jeuggroep
Die Afrikaanse Christelike Jeuggroep is die afgelope naweek Thangami Spa toe. Dit was waarlik 'n geseënde naweek waar hulle weer eens in die natuur bewus geword het van die Here se teenwoordigheid. Hulle het die 'zipline', moddergat, hindernisbaan, stap en krokodille baie geniet! Hulle wil graag al hulle dank aan hul Hemelse Vader vir hierdie geleentheid uitspreek! DHS vs Escourt
On Saturday, DHS hosted sport against Escourt High. It was a very successful day and was enjoyed by all. Thank you to those who sacrificed their Saturday to be there and of course to Escourt for visiting our school and playing their hearts out!
- Girls' Hockey: The first team played very well and won their match 5-0! Well done girls! Thank you to Blessing Khumalo for umpiring and for always motivating everyone on the field. Thank you also to Mrs Nortje for her coaching enthusiasm and for pushing the girls to reach their full potential!
- Netball: The first team won their match 24-20. We look forward to seeing you girls improve more and more on the court! Thank you to Mrs Meintjes for all her hard work coaching!
- Rugby: The u/15 boys and the first team played a friendly warm up game against Escort. Congratulations on the excellent results; it proved a fun game. Thank you to the coaches; Mr Lippke (u/15), Mr Smit and Mr Kelbrick (1st team) for helping your teams perform their best. This weekend, the rugby teams travel to Harrismith for another another pre-season game.