DHS ORATORS - TOP 5 IN NATAL AT ROTARY PUBLIC SPEAKING COMPETITION IN DURBAN
On the 13th of April, three pupils attended the Rotary International District 9370 Daily News team talk in Durban at Howard College. Nomalungelo Mkhize,Trishen Pillay and Krushil Sewmangal addressed the problem that “ Teachers should be paid according to how effectively they teach which in turn results in the performance of their students”. The competition was tough and Dundee High was placed 4th out of 50 schools. We would like to thank Mr Mjola for all his assistance, Mrs Sewmangal for all her support and assistance and lastly Mr Haschke and management for assisting us financially.
Delightful Trio (Nomalungelo, Trishen and Krushil) amaze
judges at Hilton College - Rotary Public Speaking Competition
TOP TEN ACADMICS AT DHS
We pay a lot of attention to academics at DHS and we would like to congratulate the following brainy learners for obtaining the highest class average in the first term.
- Grade 8: Asanda Masala 89%
- Grade9: Rachel Steenkamp 93%
- Grade 10: Keshmiel Govender 92%
- Grade 11: Dylan Mare 90%
- Grade 12: Zhen Lee Wang 90%
Top Academics per grade for Term 1
SPORT AGAINST LADYSMITH HIGH
On Saturday 16 April, we hosted the sport day against Ladysmith High. The scores were as follows:
- RUGBY: u/14 lost 0 – 14, u/15 won 19 -7, u/16 won 21 – 17, 2nd team won 32 – 12 and 1st team won 25 -14.
- GIRLS’ HOCKEY: u/14 lost 0 - 2, u/16 won 2 - 0, 2nd team drew 0 – 0 and 1st team drew 0 – 0.
- BOYS’ HOCKEY: 2nd team lost 0 - 3, 1st team won 5 – 0.
- NETBALL: u/14A lost 4 -10, u/14B won 10 – 5, u/15A lost 7 – 9, U/15B lost 2 – 9, u/16A lost 9 – 16, u16B lost 11 – 18, 2nd team won 19 – 16, 1st team won 22 – 16.
- CHESS: Played a total of 10 games. They won 4 games and lost 6.
We would like to thank all the coaches, enthusiastic athletes and supportive parents for making this a fun and eventful day. It is always a pleasure to witness the unity of a community through sport.